Welcome to our shop!
Quilts-N-Fabrics opened for business in 2015 by owner, Deb Lindsay. On April 21, 2015 after receiving our first few bolts of fabric. Another order soon followed. Then another. Then my phone rang. This was exciting! But, then a lady called and asked if she could bring her quilting group over to see all the fabric we carried. Without even thinking, I agreed to have them visit. WOW! What had I done. I wasn’t set up to be a physical fabric shop! I had only sold fabric online. In a panic, a friend and I started organizing my piles of fabric, trying to make it look presentable for the group that would be arriving the next day. By the end of that day, we had eight large shelving unites completely full of fabric and nicely arranged. There was also a wall for the notions, and a book shelf for fat quarters, extra yardage of fabric, bottles of Best Press Spray and thread. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I had a complete fabric store and didn’t even know it! From that day on, I was open for business from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday thru Friday.
Look at Us Now!
- We now have 3600 bolts of fabric in stock.
- We carry almost every kind of notion a quilter would ever want.
- We sell, repair, and maintain, Singer Featherweight 221 sewing machines.
- We sell all kinds of quilt kits. Which ALWAYS include the backing fabric. You have everything you need to complete your quilt from the get go!
- We have Riley Blake Designs, Northcott, Hoffman Fabrics, Moda Fabric, Quilting Treasures, P&B Textiles, Henry Glass, Studio E, Timeless Treasures, Benartex, Batiks, and OESD Stabilizer and embroidery software, Lunch Box Embroidery software, Anita Goodesign, software CD's, Wool, Wool Applique, supplies and patterns. But don't forget we have a complete notions section along with quilting patterns.
- We offer quilting services, quilt classes, and machine embroidery classes, and wool applique classes.
- We also have a Singer Featherweight group.
We are a complete quilting and fabric store. Our shop is quaint and fun to be in. The service you will receive at Quilts-N-Fabrics is the best you can get. So, come on over and enjoy your time while you are at Quilts-N-Fabrics.
Deb is an artist, wife, mother, grandmother, and a great grandmother. She lives at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. Where she takes a lot of her inspiration from. Deb's secret passion has always been to own a fabric store. Deb loves to create clay sculptures, carve wood, but most of all design and create quilts! "Sharing my passion with others is the highlight of my day," Deb says. You can always find her in the quilt shop working on something and waiting for someone to come in to visit.
Creating is my passion
I began quilting again almost seven years ago. After the death of my sewing buddy, some 15 years previous. I had given all my sewing machines, fabric, and accessories away at that time. Claiming I would never sew again. In 2015 my daughter begged me to take a quilting class with her. I had no desire to quilt because I believed all the quilts were still being, tediously cut out with scissors, pinned together to be sewn. Then stretched on quilting frames, and hand quilted. Believe me, I have had my fare share of hand quilting. It is back breaking work to sit in a chair with a needle and thread and stitch each line that was hand drawn on top of a quilt. I truly admire those women who would lovingly sit and quilt for hours. After learning how much things had changed. I decided to take a class with her. Well the rest is history! Our little quilt shop has become the BEST little quilt shop in Utah! Come see for yourself. You will love it!
See you all soon!